Board Nominations/Election Process
Below is the process for identifying and electing new directors.
- Send Call for Nominations to PNS membership.
- Nominees must be nominated by two PNS members in good standing.
- The Board of Directors will meet to review the nominations and identify any additional candidates to add to the list. Any member in good standing may run.
- The Executive Office will contact the nominees to verify that individuals accept the nomination.
- Each candidate will prepare a brief statement of interest regarding their qualifications and past positions.
- The names of all candidates will be presented to the membership as an aggregate vote via an email ballot which will include the names of the candidates and their statements.
- Those receiving the most votes from membership will become directors. In the event of a tie for the last at-large position, the Executive Committee will vote among those tied by secret ballot.
- The new directors will be announced at the Business Meeting during the Annual Meeting.