Genetic Testing and Counseling Programs* for hATTR amyloidosis Offered at No Charge^
What is Alnylam Act®?
Alnylam Act® is a sponsored no-charge, third-party genetic testing and counseling program for patients with a family history or suspected diagnosis of hATTR amyloidosis. The Alnylam Act® program was developed to reduce barriers to genetic testing and counseling to help people make more informed decisions about their health.
What is hATTR amyloidosis?
hATTR amyloidosis is a progressive, debilitating, and often fatal familial disease. hATTR amyloidosis is an autosomal dominant disease caused by a mutation in the transthyretin (TTR) gene that results in misfolded TTR proteins accumulating as amyloid deposits in multiple sites including the nerves, heart, and gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
The Alnylam Act® program was created to provide access to genetic testing and counseling to patients as a way to help people make more informed decisions about their health.
- While Alnylam provides financial support for this program, tests and services are performed by independent third parties
- Healthcare professionals must confirm that patients meet certain criteria to use the program
- Alnylam receives de-identified patient data from this program, but at no time does Alnylam receive patient-identifiable information. Alnylam uses healthcare professional contact information for research and commercial purposes
- Genetic testing is available in the US and Canada. Genetic counseling is only available in the US
- Healthcare professionals or patients who use this program have no obligation to recommend, purchase, order, prescribe, promote, administer, use, or support any Alnylam product
- No payers, including government payers, are billed for this program
Learn more about Alnylam Act® -
*While program is sponsored by Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, all services are performed by independent third parties
To patients, physicians, or payers
hATTR Compass Genetic Testing Program
Sponsored by Akcea Therapeutics.
For more information presented by experts in the area of peripheral neuropathies such as CIDP, GBS, and MMN, visit the PolyNeuroExchange (PNE) website at www.polyneuroexchange.com
Sponsored by CSL Behring.
Hereditary ATTR Amyloidosis Resources
Sponsored by Alnylam Pharmaceuticals.