International Diabetes Neuropathy Consortium (IDNC) – Special Interest Group of the Peripheral Nerve Society
Mission: To cure diabetic neuropathy through promoting 1) research, 2) education and 3) high quality patient-centered care.
- To promote clinical and basic science research to eluciadate the pathophysiology of diabetic neuropathies and facilitate and support high quality clinical trials in order to develop effective preventative and therapeutic approaches.
- To promote collaborative interaction between basic, translational and clinical scientists and clinicians to develop guidelines, outcome measures and collaboration with stakeholder organizations.
- To promote scientific and clinical education for basic translational and clinical scientists, clinicians, and other health professionals in diabetes related neuropathies.
- To promote standards of care and quality of care internationally.
- To develop guidelines, outcome measures, and clinical trials both independently and in collaboration with other stakeholder organizations.
- To work with patient advocacy and support/STAKEHOLDER organizations pursue the IDNC mission and goals
The IDNC will:
- Hold a special IDNC education session within the PNS Annual Meeting open to all PNS members.
- Have the option of holding additional IDNC meetings outside of the PNS to support the mission.
- Maintain membership open to all PNS members, and encourage attendance of non-members interested in diabetes related neuropathies.