Charcot-Marie-Tooth and Related Neuropathies Consortium (CMTR)
Special Interest Group of the Peripheral Nerve Society
Mission: To improve the life of patients with hereditary neuropathies by advancing care, promoting research and training of clinicians, basic scientists and other health professionals interested in inherited neuropathies. This will be achieved by focusing on three areas; care, research and education.
- To promote standards of care and quality of care internationally.
- To develop guidelines, outcome measures, and clinical trials.
- To work with patients’ organizations to improve care and develop therapies for patients.
- To promote basic science and clinical research towards understanding normal and diseased peripheral nerve function and ultimately aiming at developing therapies for patients.
- To train basic scientists, clinician scientists and clinicians and other health professionals in hereditary neuropathies.
- To provide continuing education for those practicing and to encourage the interaction between basic scientists and clinicians for the benefit of patients.
Membership of CMTR
To join the CMTR, you must first join the PNS. There is no additional charge to join the CMTR. On the PNS online application form select CMTR from the list of special interest group(s) you wish to join. If you are already a PNS member, log in to your membership profile and update your SIGs to include CMTR. By joining the CMTR, you will gain access to the leading international network of clinicians and scientists working in hereditary neuropathies. You will receive emails sent only to CMTR members about relevant news and updates.